Sun, 29 May 2022
Ideas on the line
Thoughts on ideas that I got wrong for most of my life is (and sometime still do)
* You need to put yourself on the line for experiminting outside of those. I kept wishing I would find this "big AND safe" idea on my safe side of the line.
* Distruptive and really great ideas never have guaranties, proof and deniability. Yet I find myself waiting for trying to find one that have at least one of that bad trio.
* if it was that simple someone would have done it already. Why do I still keep trying to find a simple one?
* I thought the idea had to be unique, new and fresh.
* Analytic's is not a guarantee for the future. Dare to make an assertion. work to figure out if its working and help those you serve see what you see.
* Leadership is NOT asking your team to give you X options and you choose the best one.
.. and a small rant on agile, MVP and what a focus on viable instead of minumum product might mean for those you serve.
Sun, 22 May 2022
Become Better at what -
Your calendar and priorites tell a tale of your future
if most of your day is meetings you most likley will become better at sitting in meetings.
Ask yourself why you didnt send a memo instead. Clearer and saves everyone involved alot of time.
If not - whats that about and whats the skill there'in you want to become better at?
or the opposite.
Like Bruce lee said.
but just doing what youre told as programmer is NOT putting yourself on the line in making better stuff so what IS that think you want to learn to be better at in your elite code-skills
in agile we talk alot about Minumum Viable Product
Viable means its actually helping the client get to where they need to go, from where they are. Scrappy solutions are ok to start with but focus on the actual customer
Sun, 15 May 2022
in data definitions are everything and rarely do we take enough time to understand if we think the same about what goes into a value and what is NOT included into that value.
what has to be true in order for these to work
My thoughts are that
* a goal without commitment and a project is a dream. Important to have but not work or something you're putting yourself on the line for.
* a project without a goal is a hobbie. Important to have but you're unlikly to have an impact.
* Strategy without clear above points are just illusions and bad leadership.
Ask yourself. Who needs to see what you see in order to make change happen where it matters while there is still time to change direction of this ship? and who will thank you for bringing that tension onboard and who will not?
Direct download: Projects_Goals_Actionable_Analytics_FirstTimeNewIntroAndNewArtwork.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:58pm BST
Sun, 8 May 2022
What's your definition of kind?
Sometimes I need to remind myself that tension is needed for change, frictionfree is rarely kind.
Sometimes I need to remind myself that candor is needed for change, holding it in because of fear might not be kind.
What does kindness look like for you?
Who among you inspire you to be kind and what do they do? and what effects does their actions bring those they're kind to?
Sun, 1 May 2022
get the work that matters done for those who care but dont forget to to put yourself for both getting the job done, learn on that job, and share what you've learned.
its your responsibility to both yourself and those you want to serve to put yourself in those positions again and again.
Direct download: put_yourself_in_positions_forcing_you_to_learn__make_space_to_teach_what_you_learn.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:44pm BST